For this recipe, we are using broccoli because it is not only tasty but packed with dietary fiber and vitamin rich. However, you can choose whatever vegetable that you enjoy for this salad. As for the process, it shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes to prepare around 6 servings.
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro and julienned fresh gingerroot
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients.
- In a stockpot, place steamer insert or basket over 2 in. of water. Place green beans, broccoli and carrots in insert. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam vegetables, covered, 5-7 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Add spinach; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Add ginger mixture; toss to combine. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts, cilantro and julienned ginger. Yield: 6 servings.