Cobbler is actually a really quick and easy dessert to make. Also, if you’re not a fan of the crisp, you can easily cut the amounts in half without hurting anything. This is a good recipe to try with different fruits.
- 3 cans peaches with light syrup
- 1-1/3 cups instant oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread peaches in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
- Mix remaining ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Variation: Substitute sliced peeled all-purpose apples for the peaches; substitute toffee bits for any kind of chocolate chip; substitute blueberries (or other fruit) for peaches.
Substitution for bisquick: 1/2 cup bisquick = 1/2 cup flour + 1 tsp baking powder + dash of salt
Nutritional Info: Calories: 270 (calories from fat 90), Fat: 10g (saturated 2g), Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 280mg, Carbohydrates: 45g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 3g
Daily Values: 16% Vitamin A; 4% Vitamin C; 6% Calcium; 6% Iron
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 fruit, 2 fat